8 Foods Served at the First ThanksgivingNovember 17, 2017
8 Great Ways to Celebrate Giving Tuesday Without Spending MoneyNovember 24, 2017
Will you be traveling over the #ThanksgivingBreak? Remember to pack #books. Here are 10 reasons why you should have books for your children come along on every holiday trip.
- Books take little space and are less breakable and usually lighter in weight than most toys.
- Encouraging your child to read while in the car or on the plane can give you some much needed time to yourself.
- Reading in a comfy chair with a warm blanket is serene and relaxing for every age person. (Substitute a hammock for the armchair and a beach towel for the blanket if your destination is someplace warm!)
- Reading every day keeps your child’s mind active during school breaks.
- Reading with grandparents, aunts, and uncles can create some of the best childhood memories.
- Reading about the city or country that you are visiting fulfills curiosity, sparks imagination, and teaches valuable lessons.
- Reading before naptime or bedtime puts children to sleep faster…woohoo!
- Learning something new over the holidays creates a “souvenir” that never will be lost.
- Sharing books and stories with cousins, friends, and family is exciting and engaging.
- Leaving your family’s lightly used finished books behind for others to read and enjoy is a generous and thoughtful gesture. It also teaches your kids about sharing and social responsibility.
Be safe, wherever and however you travel for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!
No time to shop for books? Explore our #bookclub and automatically receive 2 new books every month: www.worldbooklearning.com – a hassle–free way of keeping your kids reading!
Image Credit: © D13/Shutterstock